GOOD NEWS

Davao Region –The National Conciliation and Mediation Board, Regional Branch No XI in collaboration with the Labor Relations Cluster, Regional Coordinating Council (RCC) XI successfully conducted a SEnA Forum on December 5, 2016 which was held at Linmarr Apartelle, Lakandula St., Bo. Obrero, Davao City.

Single Entry Assistance Desk Officers (SEADOs) and Field Office and RCC Heads of DOLE and attached agencies in Region XI namely the Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Board, National Labor Relations Commission, Overseas Workers Welfare Administration, Professional Regulation Commission and the National Conciliation and Mediation Board, joined for the first time in this very rare yet very important event.

This served as a good venue for all SEADOs for open discussion on the processes and techniques in the proper handling of conciliation-mediation, likewise, identify the strengths and weaknesses of the SEADOs as well as the program to help improve the services of each agency concerned.

The Single Entry Approach (SEnA) is a reform measure implemented by the Department of Labor and Employment (DoLE) in 2010 to achieve a faster and inexpensive mechanism towards the resolution of labor issues.  The system prevents labor issues from maturing into actual labor cases or from elevating into formal adjudication process.

Officer-in-Charge of NCMB-RBXI Ma. Theresa M. Francisco shared knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary in conciliation-mediation of SEADOs.  An iceberg phenomenon is just like a human being, she symbolized.  Only 10% of any iceberg is visible, the remaining 90% is below sea level.  Just like a person, knowledge and skills are visible while attitude is the invisible.

Likewise, Director Edgar G. Aquino of NCMB-RB III gave some workshops to the participants to help them determine their personality as conciliator-mediators. Furthermore, he discussed about conflict and conflict management and the conciliation-mediation techniques.

Moreover, Atty. Ronda D. Malimban, OIC/Director II of Technical Services, NCMB-Central Office discussed about the implementing rules and regulations of SEnA or the Republic Act No. 10396.

The interactive activity continued with an open forum in the afternoon.  This gave opportunity for SEADOs to share and benchmark one another’s practices as well as take identified weaknesses as a means to improve the services of DOLE family as far as SEnA is concerned.          Sheila A. Rivera, LIO-designate.